What Are The Benefits of CoolSculpting? in Boca Raton, FL
With the new year starting, many of us have a goal to lose weight and get in top shape. However, while losing weight and staying in shape are great accomplishments, it can be frustrating if you’re still left with problem fat areas. That’s why CoolSculpting, a nonsurgical treatment for these areas, has become a unique way to get the desired results. But what exactly is it? Read below to find out more about CoolSculpting.
What is CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting is a nonsurgical cosmetic procedure that utilizes a device that freezes fat cells under your skin. Freezing destroys these cells, and they break down and are eliminated from the body by the liver. During your CoolSculpting treatment, an applicator will be applied to the area being treated, and it will deliver controlled cooling to freeze the targeted fat.
What is this procedure used for?
CoolSculpting helps eliminate fat cells in areas of your body that are resistant to diet and exercise. These may include your inner thighs, outer thighs, and “muffin top”.
What are the benefits of CoolSculpting over other treatments?
CoolSculpting offers several important benefits when compared to other treatments, including the following:
- Non-invasive: No surgery, cutting, or even injections are required. This also means there’s no scarring.
- No downtime: Many people go right back to work after their CoolSculpting procedure.
- No anesthesia: Unlike liposuction, a surgical procedure that also targets fat cells in specific areas, CoolSculpting requires no anesthesia.
- Treated fat cells never return: Your body eliminates the fat cells treated by CoolSculpting, so they won’t return.
- Results continue to improve: You’ll probably start to see results in a few weeks, with maximum results occurring about three months after your treatment.
- Little to no discomfort: You may feel pulling, tugging, mild pinching, or intense cold during your treatment. Many people, however, feel comfortable enough to read or even take a nap during this process.
Who makes a good candidate for CoolSculpting?
You may be a good candidate for this treatment if the following apply to you:
- At or near goal weight: You should be about 20 pounds or fewer away from your goal weight. CoolSculpting treats targeted areas that have resisted diet and exercise rather than addressing overall obesity.
- Have fat you can easily grab with your hand: This makes it possible for the fat to be suctioned and frozen between two cooling pads.
- Are generally healthy: The treatment typically has few to no side effects, but the healthier you are, the less likely you are to experience issues such as nerve pain or bruising.
- Are not pregnant or trying to get pregnant: Studies haven’t been done on CoolSculpting during pregnancy, but the changes your body is likely to go through mean it’s best to wait until you aren’t pregnant or thinking about getting pregnant.
- Understand the treatment: It’s important to understand what’s involved with the treatment and the type of results you can expect.
How long do results last?
Once the fat cells die and are eliminated from your body, they won’t return. It is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle. If you gain weight afterward, however, you’ll develop new fat cells.
To learn more about the benefits of CoolSculpting and whether this treatment may be right for you, make an appointment with Sanctuary Medical Center of Boca Raton, FL today. We offer a wide variety of treatments and will help you find one or more to help you achieve your goals.