What Are the Results of Skin Tightening?
Sagging skin happens as we get older. Fortunately, there are several non-invasive procedures available that will help tighten your skin and regain a more youthful appearance.
Why Does Skin Sag?
Skin sags because of age-related changes, sun damage, a lack of moisture, or excessive weight loss. Over time, collagen, a structural protein that helps support your skin and give it elasticity, begins to break down. The same occurs with elastin, which helps keep your skin tight and free of wrinkles.
How Can Saggy Skin Be Improved?
Several non-surgical procedures are available to help tighten skin. They utilize targeted energy to heat deep skin layers, which triggers the production of collagen and elastin.
Popular skin tightening procedures include the following:
- ThermiSmooth™ – uses heat and radiofrequency energy to smooth and tighten skin on the neck, jowls, and thighs
- Exilis™ – uses radiofrequency energy and can be used on the body and face
- Pelleve™ – uses radiofrequency energy to tighten around the eyes
What Are the Benefits of Skin Tightening Procedures?
Skin tightening procedures can provide the following benefits:
- Gives skin a firmer, more youthful appearance
- Effective on mild to moderately loose skin
- Can be used on face, neck, or body
- Yields gradual results, so it looks natural
- Achieves results without surgeries or scars
- Requires little to no downtime
- Very low risk of side effects beyond a little redness or swelling
- Can be combined with other procedures such as Botox
- Causes little to no discomfort
- Results can last up to a year
Who Makes a Good Candidate for a Skin Tightening Procedure?
You may be a good candidate for a skin tightening procedure if the following apply:
- Have a small amount of sagging skin
- Are at a healthy weight and are maintaining that weight
- Protect your skin from the sun
Your dermatologist can talk to you about your particular needs and situation to help determine if you’re a good candidate.
To learn more about the benefits of skin tightening and whether you might be a good candidate, make an appointment today with Sanctuary Medical of Boca Raton, FL. We provide the latest state-of-the-art aesthetic medical techniques and technologies to help you look your best.